Exchange and Study Abroad
Study abroad at Bonn has a long tradition: For 60 years the University has built a reputation in hosting students from around the world in its immersion study abroad programs. Each program offers a unique mix of study and research opportunities, German language courses, cultural program, and immersion into the university's and city's life.
- Junior Year Program and Direct Exchange
- The Junior Year Program and the Direct Exchange Program offer students enrolled at partner universities the opportunity to study a semester or year at the University of Bonn. Students can enrol in over 100 disciplines as well as in special German language courses. The International Office takes care of formalities like the application and enrollment, organizes accomodation and a cultural program and provides assistance during your stay. For all further information please visit our homepage: www.studyabroad.uni-bonn.de
- International Summer Course for German Language, Literature and Cultural Studies
- Every year in August the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms University of Bonn invites all those interested from across the globe to join its traditional Summer Course. During that month the University of Bonn holds it’s traditional four-week Summer Course. German language classes will take place in the morning and work groups as well as various excursions in the afternoon. Participants have the chance to learn German ab initio or to improve existing knowledge. As a participant you will get the chance to experience one of Germany's oldest and largest universities. The Summer Course wants to give participants a comprehensive and practical understanding of German culture and traditions as well as contribute to fostering international friendships. International applicants qualifying for admission to higher education (18 years or older) are eligible. For all further information please visit our homepage: www.sommerkurs.uni-bonn.de
- Summer School on Renewable Energy: Policy and Development
- This interdisciplinary program will give international undergraduates from various academic backgrounds an introduction to the field of renewable energy as response to today’s climate and energy problems. For all further information please visit our homepage: www.renewableenergy.uni-bonn.de
- Undergraduate Lab Internships (ULI)
- The University of Bonn, one of the top three research universities in Germany and a leader in biomedical research, invites advanced, outstanding undergraduate students and Master students to participate actively in scientific research projects in Life Sciences such as pharmacology, biomedical, and pharmaceutical sciences. For all further information please visit our homepage: www.uli.uni-bonn.de
- Spring Program
- The University of Bonn organises a special program for Waseda University in Tokyo and Keio University in Tokyo every March. This course is designed to give Japanese students a taste of German language, literature and regional studies over the course of a month.