Exchange and Study Abroad
Study abroad at Bonn has a long tradition: For 60 years the University has built a reputation in hosting students from around the world in its immersion study abroad programs. Each program offers a unique mix of study and research opportunities, German language courses, cultural program, and immersion into the university's and city's life.
- Junior Year Program and Exchange
- The Junior Year Program and the Exchange Program offer students enrolled at partner universities the opportunity to study a semester or year at the University of Bonn. Students can enrol in over 80 disciplines as well as in special German language courses. The International Office takes care of formalities like the application and enrollment, organizes accomodation and a cultural program and provides assistance during your stay.
- Summer Course
- International Summer Course for German Language, Literature und Cultural Studies.
- Spring Program
- The University of Bonn organises a special program for Waseda University in Tokyo and Keio University in Tokyo every March. This course is designed to give Japanese students a taste of German language, literature and regional studies over the course of a month.
- Renewable Energy: Policy and Development
- This new interdisciplinary program will give American undergraduates from various academic backgrounds an introduction to the field of renewable energies as a response to today’s climate and energy problems.
- Undergraduate Lab Internships (ULI)
- The University of Bonn, one of the top three research universities in Germany and a leader in biomedical research, invites advanced, outstanding undergraduate students and Master students to participate actively in scientific research projects in Life Sciences such as pharmacology, biomedical, and pharmaceutical sciences.